Tuesday, December 2, 2008

webquest

I really enjoyed the web-quests that were less cluttered with so much information and where each section had its own slide. Viewing the web-quests made me think about how I would arrange mine if I were to create one. People who make web-quests need to keep the students in mind at all times. When I entered a couple web-quests, they caught my attention right away because it appeared that the web-quest was talking to me-the student. For example, in the web-quest titled A Stitch in Time, the creator caught my attention by saying, "Attention, Attention, the museum has been burglarized! You have been selected to...." That attention grabbing sentence makes me want to continue reading. While going through the web-quest another thing that caught my attention was the use of contrast. One web-quest about the Egyptians has a good background that complemented the black lettering, while another had a bulleted list. I'm sure others will agree that web-quests have to be visually appealing to student. Another thing about web-quests is that they should be teacher user friendly. In the beginning of evaluating the web-quests, I thought to myself, "Gee, it would be better for the teacher tab be at the top so that teachers will be aware of the standards and goals of the web-quest." Then again, while looking at the other web-quests I told myself, "Hey, these web-quests are for the students more than they are for the teachers." Therefore, teachers should take their own time to look over the web-quest in order to utilize them efficiently. One resource that I really liked were the hyperlinks that helped students to create a project. For example, in the web-quest about the Bowhead Whale, there was a hyperlink that helps the student to create a multi-media presentation. I liked the web-quests that had hyperlinks to additional activities, although there was this one hyperlink to a set of directions that made me think...."Will my students be able to read all this information and be able to comprehend the directions?" Overall, I think web-quests can be informative and interactive. If I were to create a web-quest, I would make sure to keep it simple, interesting and most of all educationally interactive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home