Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sally's Powerpoint Reflection

Sally's use of Powerpoint appears as though her students are engaged. I really liked the idea of hyperlinking a word document and writing students' sentences. While they are drawing a picture of their moms, she prints out the responses and students' glue them on their pictures. If I were to use powerpoint, I would like for my students' to be fully engaged with activities that allows them to be interactive with the Powerpoint. My goal is not for the powerpoint to just be a presentation where the students are passive. I like the idea of creating hyperlinks to other web sites where additional information on the subject of discussion are available. One thing that I don't like about Powerpoint is that it will allow for only a certain amount of memory to be used. I will take Sally's advice and rather than scanning images go directly to a website that contains the same info. When my students and I use our projector to check out the Anchorage Daily News site, they tend to pay more attention and they are more verbal during our discussions. When I do lectures without the projector, they usually tend to become easily bored and/or distracted.  From this class, I would like to become an expert using Powerpoint. I know it takes a lot of time to put together a lesson, but in the end I believe it will be well worth it.


1 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

I have just started to incorporate some of the technology into my classroom, and I too have found that my students are more interested/engaged when the lesson or activity is accompanied by pictures, music, etc. The students enjoy using the technology just as much as they enjoy seeing it when it is used.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home